Saturday, June 9, 2012

Three French Hens and and one more



       O.K. I do not really have three French hens, but I do have four chickens. My chickens are an Easter Egger, a Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red and a Sussex. Three of my chickens are just over a month. My Sussex, Pebbles, is almost 7 months old. Only Pebbles lays eggs currently. It is great to have chickens because they love to eat disgusting bugs like slugs. One of the cutest things to watch is my  four chickens instinctively following each other around our backyard. When I dangle worms above their heads, they jump for them, usually succeeding in yanking the worms out of my hands.  Not only are they really fun to play with, but they eat any vegetable we cannot eat, like if it is rotten.  I strongly recommend having chickens.  Chickens are the best animal to have.

Ameracauna

Orpington

Sussex






1 comment: